Wednesday, January 27, 2010

does it really say it all?


Last night, I gave in to the urge of attending to the hallmark card I bought for my aunt who lives in the States. I wrote it last night and I am planning to mail it tomorrow so by the time this gets published, the card is still happily stuck in between the pages of my planner. :D Nevertheless, I am confident that my aunt will not be able to read this.

I love cards. I love reading, giving and receiving them. I remembered the movie, 500 days of summer, where the guy character's work is to write cards. I imagined the many meetings one card has to go through before it gets to a store. The words need to be just right for a given occasion, right?

I am easily touched by words. If you say them at the right time, I believe that you can literally save a life.

My aunt's card says..
I wish that we could spend some time alone to catch up on what's new, to have a laugh or two and share a smile as we look back on special times we've known... I wish that I could be with you, and that we didn't have to be apart. But no matter where we are, near or far, remember that I love you and I'm with you in my heart.

I could have emailed her an "I miss you".. but then again, I'd prefer a card with a written note right beside the printed words. The personal touch and the thoughts that come with it are more than what an email could carry. Plus, effort is pretty much evident. :D

Does a card really say it all? Nah, I don't think so.
But, it pretty much covers all that I need it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment