Thursday, March 22, 2012

22/365: Bucket List (25 on 25)


The shot: The title. Haha!

The story: I noticed that the previous post was my 21st post and tomorrow is going to be my 23th birthday. SO, I decided to write another one on the same day to make up for lost time and to make my 23rd post 'significant'. HAHA! Okay, I've been inspired by a LOT of people to make a bucket list. My bestfriend, Maymay and one of my favorite bloggers, Anna Oposa are two of these people who have bucket lists of their own in their blogs.

In a way, I've been making bucket lists all my life but I change my mind (and heart) so many times that I never got to make a 100-item bucket list. Taking a leaf from Anna Oposa's blog, I'm going to settle with a 25-item bucket list muna. I'm sharing this to add pressure to myself. Haha, not really. I don't think I can get more pressured than I already am (*winks). Hahahaha! I'm sharing this so the universe may conspire to make all these things come true! Weee!!! Just thinking about these things make me excited! So, here it goes..

25 Things I Want To Do Before I Turn 25:
  1. Finish my thesis and get a master's degree
  2. Get a scholarship abroad for a second master's degree (hopefully on an area more relevant to my job right now) or a PhD (?)
  3. Go to UP Diliman
  4. Go to the AYLC Reunion (15th year)
  5. Establishing a partnership with RAFI to have KAC for the college student leaders
  6. Win in a Sunlife Contest Month
  7. Eat in a Korean Restaurant
  8. Bring my family to a trip outside the country
  9. Learn a new language (Korean? Mandarin? French? Spanish?)
  10. Write a book (on the Teaching of Mathematics or a novel)
  11. Get one of my researches published in an international journal
  12. Institutionalize the honoring of board exam passers with or without topnotchers
  13. Learn to cook at least one fish, pork, chicken, beef and vegetable (!?!) dish
  14. Watch another play
  15. Volunteer in the Bayani Challenge 2012
  16. Join a SFC-CLP
  17. Buy a lighter laptop
  18. Initiate a Career Path Seminar for the graduating students
  19. Get a new hairstyle
  20. Watch the sun set and rise in Mountainview
  21. Go on a (romantic) date
  22. Visit my high school
  23. Finish all my blog challenges
  24. Go on another trip outside Cebu (to a Philippine destination I've never to so far)
  25. Enroll in a creative writing class
I'm not even going to explain WHY I want to accomplish each one. I'm thinking maybe I can write a post for every single item there that I get to achieve. Hehe. What I know is that it never hurts to have a plan. Most importantly, it is always good to recognize that each of us has the right to dream. Dream BIG dreams. We have, after all, a BIG GOD! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment