Tuesday, January 26, 2010

my personal blog



I have always loved reading. No, I don't necessarily mean school text books. I love to read almost anything that I get my hands on whether it be a copy of the day's paper, an old magazine at the doctor's clinic, a dusty book off a friend's collection or a bestseller sitting on top of a bookstore's shelf. Given the right book, I could sit still in a corner losing sense of both time and even hunger. I would happily travel to places, to what have beens and could have beens, to the past, future and even to avenues surpassing the limits of time.


It is this love that developed in me the passion for writing as well. I would have pursued writing as a career if only I was not convinced that teaching was my one true love. I still dream of becoming a writer. The Bo-Sanchez-kind-of-writer. I am not very acquainted with the technicalities or the terminologies of the craft but the thought of influencing -- in many ways, educating -- people through the written word excites me.

I promised myself that I would blog as often as I can about almost any subject I can think of but I was almost always limited by time. Or maybe, just limited by my excuses. I just knew I had to write one blog today. I just had to start or it might just be another unnourished dream.

So, here it goes. I have just written one more scribble.

No comments:

Post a Comment