Monday, September 27, 2010

keep moving forward

The past few weeks have been terrible for me. For various reasons, I found myself stressed and worried. When family, work, and that-other-thing-which-i-keep-praying-for just did not seem to give me a break, I had to break down and cry. Only a few people have ever seen me cry and nobody has ever seen me break down and cry. I don't break down. Not in front of other people, that is. This is one moment that I hide from everyone else --- except for He who sees it all. The thing is, He doesn't just stand and watch... He is there to make sure I see it through. I had the urge to write about it but I promised myself never to write down any depressing entries. So, I had to let it pass.

Today, I went to confession, cried a little more and moved on. My mother's words ring in my head. She said that I can't stop living my life because other people decided that they'd spend their lives wearing down mine. I have to keep moving forward. And today, I think I just did.

I did not want to go to work which is weird because I am absolutely enjoying and loving my work. When I got to school, I was a few minutes late for class but still early for the Bundy clock. I was not feeling well. My clogged nose reflected my the state of my clogged heart. Nevertheless, I wore the best smile I could muster and taught. After the first subject, I felt more alive. There I was. Doing what I loved. How many people wake up each day and get to say that? Haha, I checked lesson plans, facilitated activities and laughed with my students. At the end of the day, I felt so much better.

I'd never run out of troubles. Who does? I wasn't planning on writing an entry today but I read through this entry from Bro. Bo's blog and wrote anyway. I have to feed my passion. My wounds will feed my dreams...God's dreams. One day, I'll read this entry, remember how I felt and be thankful to the Lord that I took a step forward. One more scribble. One more step.

AMDG!

No comments:

Post a Comment