Tuesday, February 15, 2011

just because.

The funny thing about keeping a blog is that you don't really know if other people are reading it or not. Haha, and it'd be crazy if you are keeping a blog and hope that no one reads it because heeelllooo, it's in the world wide web. Haha! Irregardless of all of that, I have been reading one blog very recently that has inspired me to just write about what I want to write just because I want to write it. So, here it goes.

I hate Valentine's Day 2011. Hate, I was told, is a very strong word to use but I can't find a word that would mean as much as it does. ( I am thinking of 'despise' but I think that word is stronger. Haha).

Why?
Because I am bitter.

Haha! And for the first time ever, I am admitting that I am bitter about the whole Valentine's Day celebration. Especially this year's Valentine's Day and I am even going to elaborate on that! Why? Because I can, I want to and the person I don't want to know about it will surely never get to read this!

I hate it because it reminds me of all the other celebrations that kept me hoping that when I'm done with college and I'm done being 'responsible', it'd finally come. But it still hasn't.

I hate it because everybody is telling me that it's fun to be single but it has finally come to a point that it isn't anymore! Haha! OR mass media and all the chick flicks that I watch are getting to me.

I hate it because of this one specific person who for the first time in my entire existence has finally made me say the words I promised I'd never be caught saying to a guy. And after all that I have put myself through, I have come to realize that indeed, we are just friends. WAH...

And I can't believe I am being a drama queen for this. Haha, someday.. when I am older and more mature, I will look back, read this entry and laugh at myself for being so.. so.. naive? bitter? desperate? Haha. Now, that's an idea worth holding on to.

Wow, writing those words did make me feel better. I look back and I have no regrets. Haha, maybe this how the whole "growing up" thing works. It's suppose to push you through your pre-defined limits so you will know that they were never really your limits. If I can wait for twenty-one years, I think I can wait for a couple more, right?

I am not sure how long it will take me to get over this time around by I am sure that if it is not meant to be, I will get over it somehow. This whole thing also tells me that there is much growing up to do. So, growing up it is then...

BTW, to YOU: Thank you for being honest and for not making me believe in things that are never there in the first place. Although what I feel for you has caused me much pain, all of it is actually self-inflicted. Haha, so.. I don't hate you. If anything, I am only thankful. Let's be friends. We are definitely great that way.

2 comments:

  1. Oh shoot. I posted this on my FB. hahahaha

    Hi bestfriend. *bear hug* Happy Heart's Day! Hey, Valentines Day are not only for couples, it's a celebration of friendship and family as well. I was thinking na will I also reach a point that I'll get tired of being single as well? Hehe Btaw, all I know is for now, I don't want to pa. And I'm a year older than you! There I finally admitted na mas tiguwang ko nmu. Geez. But your mental age is a little older than mine, that I am sure about. Haha. Btaw bestfriend, praying for you and Ryka and for me too that we may find the right guy, or we may have been friends with them already pero gsnob lang ghapon ta. haha. You take care. You are beautiful inside and out. Let God's love overflow within you to the people around you. Amishu! Mwah!

    We will continue to glorify His name, while we're waiting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG bestfriend. nascared ko kadali. Haha, I checked your FB just to be sure. Haha! Shoot. You really read my blog.. Haha, nauwaw ko kadali sa akong rant. Hehe =) thanks bestfriend, I love you!

    ReplyDelete