Saturday, February 4, 2012

unexpected gratitude

I thought today was going to be one of those uneventful Saturdays I have been having lately. But, everything that transpired today was... unexpected.

I wanted to start my day checking my fourth year students' papers but I ended up waking up late and watching American Idol Season 11 episodes. Because I was so caught up with the show that I, again, came late to my unit meeting with THE manager, Kuya Og. I thought it was going to be one of those meetings where I'd sit and just absorb what will be said but I ended up energized to start setting up appointments for my prospects. Parang seeing the light at the end of the dark tunnel ang peg. Hehe =)

After my four-hour meeting, I was off to confession which I thought I was going to alone but lo, and behold! God gave me a friend to be with and so I had a lot of fun catching up with Djong2x while waiting for my turn. Since I go to confession at Sto. Rosario, I expected a relatively "quick" talk with the priest but I was part of the eight people who were brought to another room to be with another priest. My confession took longer than I expected and it was.. I should say, "more" than what I thought it would be but it was definitely what I needed. Even my penance was unexpected since the priest asked me to talk to one of two priests he recommended.

To end my day, I went to get a pedicure (LOL) to reward myself of all the hard work I have been putting up with for the past few weeks and I ended up having a quick chat with one of my favorite people in the world, Mommy Irish! On my way home via Ayala, I accidentally met up with three of my SciHi YFC-GK friends, Lyn2, Totot and Earl and they handed me this "Thank You" card from Gawad Kalinga-Cebu which they made for all those who helped out in the Christmas Party they organized.

Inside note =)
Personalized. Awwww <3

I think it was one of those days when I say to myself "What just happened?". LOL. Haha! I did not have a plan and my checklist for the day is left untouched but I am truly, truly grateful for how today turned out. So, to complete the "unexpectedness" of today's events, I decided to blog. Haha! Just because. =)

Thank you Lord for the blessing of today and for the gift of spontaneity! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment