Saturday, August 13, 2011

Day 8: Call a Friend

Today's task has been the most enjoyable task I've ever done so far. We need to call a friend whom we have not spoken to for a long time and reconnect--- so to speak.

I was chatting with a few friends over facebook at that time and I wondered to myself as to who to call. I just called my bestfriends yesterday (part of my day 4 task!) so they were out of the list. I have not been in touch with most of my friends since they are all 'busy' people and because.. well, I have not exerted as much effort as I used to in spending time with them. Maybe it's because of the constant rejection to invitations that have made me stop initiating get-togethers or it could be because I had problems with my own schedule too. Whatever my reasons were, I am now given the chance to talk to one friend... and I chose Rhea.

Rhea and I have known each other since first year college. We were not very close in my early years in the tertiary level but our friendship started to grow in the later years when we were given the chance to work together in certain organizations. I have grown to admire her leadership and management style too. Well, we grow closer after graduation when we started doing things together outside school. We did the Bisita Iglesia together with other friends and we had dinners together too. Twice, we spent hours just talking to each other, eating and going to confession.

It's been a long time since I spoke to her so I called her up. And true to the task, our conversation did flow so naturally as if we just continued a recent conversation. We spoke about a lot of things but mostly we just settled with our favorite topic... our "love lives" (that is, if I have one to speak of. HAHA!). Then we watched youtube videos together, though apart (Thank God for internet) and then laughed at a few scenes from Maalaala Mo Kaya. The conversation went on and on and on... After that, I felt energized. I truly believe that one of the most priceless gifts life has to offer is an honest conversation with a friend.

Well, maybe I ought to reconnect some more. Who to call next? =)

No comments:

Post a Comment