Tuesday, January 18, 2011

3/365: the workplace

Wow, I'm actually on my 3rd day. I wonder how long I can keep this up. Haha. It rained cats and dogs this morning and I was eight minutes late for work! I hate being late. I really do. I promised I'd work on my punctuality issues this year and I hope I can do better next time... and I don't mean being seven or six minutes late. Haha.

Okay, I've been laughing since this morning. I've been in a pretty good mood since.. :p Not even the rain or my tardiness for the day can ruin my mood. Not even work! Speaking of work...

The shot:
This is the picture of the CNU Admin Building at around 7:10pm as I left the campus. I wanted to take a picture of the building last December because it did take my breath away when I first saw it but I never got the chance. Inside the building, when it's lit, you 'd see a very tall Christmas tree but it's not on tonight so it ain't visible. To the left is Rizal and to the right is a small garden. The office to the left is that of the President's while to the right is the Registrar's. The second floor used to be the Graduate School Library but now it's used as temporary classrooms. The stairs are.. well, used for getting inside the Admin Bldg. (haha) but when I was still a child, the stairs served as my playground for "land, water, air, blank" and the sides are for after-school picnics. That was a long time ago.

The story:
I'd like to think this picture is a metaphor of how I feel about my workplace. It has been a little stressful lately because of tons of work that need to be done for that event and this event and that class and this class and so on and so forth. Nevertheless, I am very happy with work right now. I have always imagined that after a long day's work, I'd lie on my bed.. tired but fulfilled. And that's how it has been. There are days when I wake up in the morning and feel excited for work. Haha, and it's not because classes are postponed. =) Don't be mistaken though. I am aware of its imperfections. I'm not looking past them. I just know that in this life, you'd never find perfection. You just have to find what makes you happy. Haha! I think my words are failing me tonight. Well, let's just put it this way... If you look at this picture closely, you'd notice that many of the Christmas lights are not lit anymore. It's far from its December glory. But when I look at it, I remember how it looked when all its lights were still lit and people took photos in front of it like it was the Terraces in Ayala. I remember that and I see this and I still think that it is as beautiful. Or maybe not... because this one is beautiful-er. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment