Sunday, January 23, 2011

8/365: a girl who reads

A few days ago, I visited the library after its renovation. I was there to get reference books for my new lessons for the final term. I took out three books that afternoon: 1 reference book for stress management (one of my lessons for Special Topics) and the other two were self-help books... for me! I love to read. I really do. I think it is my love for it that prompted me to write. Oh well, if only I had more time in my hands right now.


The shot:
I googled 'library' today because I am feeling lazy and did not take any post-worthy pictures. I woke up at around 10am, went out to run a few errands this afternoon, attended mass (my favorite priest, Father Louie is back! Yipee! :D) and checked projects for the rest of the day. I was pondering on what to post so that I will not skip a day and I decided to share something that I've read recently instead. BTW, please forgive me for not giving credits where it is due in the past. Let me redeem myself starting with this post. I got this picture from: http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Gallery-of-the-Old-Library-Trinity-College-Dublin-County-Dublin-Eire-Ireland-Posters_i2650006_.htm


The story:
No long post today, also. Haha, I just really wanted to share this very interesting piece I read yesterday. I read a few lines from this blog that I have been following since I was in second year college. You can read the entire post by clicking the title: You should date an illiterate girl.
My favorite lines here would be:
The girl who reads has spun out the account of her life and it is bursting with meaning. She insists that her narratives are rich, her supporting cast colorful, and her typeface bold.
HAHA, is there any other way to live your life?

To the fullest it is, then. =)

1 comment:

  1. i miss "magtambay" sa library. Haha. Tambayanan lagi. The right word is "sleeping" actually. The silence and the atmosphere and the smell of books (i love) just makes you wanna close your eyes and take a break from school. haha. you know me bestfriend. and twinkle too. haha.

    Btaw, but yup, I miss going to a library. I should plan to visit one one of these days. I wanna smell library books again. But I'll skip the sleeping part. haha. The closest one I have of a library is a bookstore and one of my favorite places here is Fully-booked sa The Fort. I'll bring you there when you come visit me bestfriend. Yay!

    ReplyDelete